Optolong Night Sky H-Alpha Filter - 2”
This Night Sky Hydrogen-Alpha filter, or IR-Pass 650nm filter, is designed by Optolong and is great for imaging of the Moon, planets as well as deep-sky h-alpha regions. This IR-Pass H-Alpha filter enhances surface detail and contrast and minimizes the effects of atmospheric seeing when used in conjunction with RGB filters for planetary imaging. It also makes an excellent introductory H-alpha filter.
The Night Sky H-Alpha Filter has a 50% transition from blocking to passing at about 640nm, and 95% transmission from 650nm to 1100nm.
The Optolong 2” Night Sky H-Alpha Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved. The result is a super thin filter cell that will produce a clear aperture of 45mm.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 95% transmission at passband
- High-value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogeneous and precise coating procedure
- Thin metal cells have a clear aperture of 45mm for 2” filters
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong 2" Night Sky H-Alpha Filter
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: 50.8 mm (2")
Filter Type: UV/IR and/or Luminance
Filter Shape: Round
Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of