QHY163M Cooled USB 3.0 CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY163M is a cooled USB 3.0 monochrome imaging camera that is great for both planetary and deep sky. The 163M sports a 16 MP CMOS sensor made up of 3.8 µm pixels housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on the sensor or window. This ColdMOS, or cooled CMOS, sensor has an effective pixel array of 4656 x 3522 in a 4/3 format. This sensor has extremely low read noise of 1.2e (high gain) and has a maximum of 22.5 FPS at full resolution and 4K Ultra HD video capability.
The QHY163M has a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40ºC below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY163. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
The QHY163M camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 guide port and a 4-pin CFW2 filter wheel port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience.
- QHY163M Monochrome ColdMOS Imaging Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- Self-Locking Power Cable
- 6-Pin Guide Cable
- Car Power Adapter
- Drying Tube
- M42/2" Adapter (56mm diameter max)
- Driver Download Card
- Inspection Report
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Mono
- CMOS Sensor Model: 4/3" Sony IMX163
- Resolution: 16 MP
- Effective Pixels: 4656 x 3522
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Effective Area: 17.7mm x 13.4mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Full Well Capacity: Typical 18-20ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e@low gain; 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate 8-Bit: 22.5 FPS @ full resolution; 30 FPS @ 4K HD Video; 57 FPS @ 1920 x 1080; 60 FPS @ 1280 x 1024; 80 FPS @ 1024 x 768; 100 fps @ 800 x 600
- ROI Support: Yes
- Minimum Exposure: 50 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1800 sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10-Bit/12-Bit (8-Bit/12-Bit output)
- On-Camera Image Buffer: 128MB DDRII
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC temperature regulated typical -40ºC below ambient
- Power: USB powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti-Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CMOS chamber.
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0 super speed
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75 & 2" adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock; USB 3.0 socket; 4PIN QHYCFW; 6PIN RJ11
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
DocumentationQHY163 User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of