QHY183C Cooled CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY183C uses the back-illuminated Exmor R Sony IMX183 20 MP sensor for higher sensitivity and quantum efficiency than traditional front-illuminated designs. This color sensor has an active array of 5544 x 3694 pixels that are 2.4 µm in size, with readout noise as low as one electron! The QHY183C is capable of 4K HD (25 FPS) video output and full resolution real time output at 15 frames per second.
The QHY183C has a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40ºC below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY183. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry and fog-free, even on humid nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
All semiconductors produce a small amount of light when powered up, causing brighter spots in the corners of the sensor where the high gain amplifiers are housed. Amplifier glow is most noticeable during long exposures. The QHY183C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly.
- QHYCCD QHY183C Back-Illuminated Cooled Color CMOS Imaging Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- Self-Locking Power Cable
- 6PIN Guide Cable
- Car Power Adapter
- Drying Tube
- 2" M42 Adapter (56mm diameter max)
- Driver Download Card
- Inspection Report
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Color
- Sensor Model: Sony IMX183 back-illuminated CMOS
- Resolution: 20 MP
- Effective Pixels: 5544 x 3694
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Effective Area: 13.3mm x 8.9mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke - 16ke
- Readout Noise: 2.7e@low gain; 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate: 15 FPS @ 20 MP (full resolution); 25 FPS @ 4K HD Video; 25 FPS @ 12 MP
- ROI Support: Yes
- Minimum Exposure: 50 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 3600 sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10-Bit/12-Bit (8-Bit/16-Bit output; MSB Alignment)
- On-Camera Image Buffer: 128MB DDRII
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC temperature regulated typical -40ºC below ambient
- Power: USB powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti-Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CMOS chamber.
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0 super speed
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75 & 2" Adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock; USB 3.0 socket; 4PIN QHYCFW; 6PIN RJ11
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
DocumentationQHY183C User's Manual
QHYCCD WDM Driver Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of