QHY183M Cooled CMOS Astronomy Camera
- The QHY183M includes the 20 megapixel Sony IMX183 monochrome CMOS Exmor R sensor.
- The Exmor R is a back-illuminated sensor that retains the advantages of CMOS high-speed operation but uses back-illumination technology for super low readout noise and high quantum efficiency.
- The QHY183M offers a QE of 84% and readout noise as low as 1 electron!
- The 1" sensor has an image array of 5544 x 3694 active pixels that are 2.4 µm in size for high resolution results even with smaller telescopes.
- A two-stage TEC regulated cooling system cools the sensor to -40ºC to -45ºC below ambient temperature.
- Other features include a 128MB DDR Memory Buffer for stable and reliable data transfer, a heated optical window and desiccant plug socket to help control dew and moisture, and the use of Anti-Amp Glow technology to keep CMOS amplifier glow to a minimum.
- QHYCCD QHY183M Back-Illuminated Cooled Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- Self-Locking Power Cable
- 6PIN Guide Cable
- Car Power Adapter
- Drying Tube
- 2" M42 Adapter (56mm diameter max)
- Driver Download Card
- Inspection Report
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Mono
- Sensor Model: Sony IMX183 back-illuminated CMOS
- Resolution: 20 MP
- Effective Pixels: 5544 x 3694
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Effective Area: 13.3mm x 8.9mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke - 16ke
- Readout Noise: 2.7e@low gain; 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate: 15 FPS @ 20 MP (full resolution); 25 FPS @ 4K HD Video; 25 FPS @ 12 MP
- ROI Support: Yes
- Peak QE: 84%
- Minimum Exposure: 50 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 3600 sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10-Bit/12-Bit
- On-Camera Image Buffer: 128MB DDRII
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC temperature regulated typical -40ºC below ambient
- Power: USB powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti-Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CMOS chamber.
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0 super speed
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75 & 2" Adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock; USB 3.0 socket; 4PIN QHYCFW; 6PIN RJ11
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of