QHYCCD Mini Guidescope with Mount Adapter for QHY5 Series Cameras - MINIGUIDESCOPE-STD
QHY5III174 Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY5III174 CMOS USB 3.0 camera is made to be a superb instrument for planetary, lunar, solar and meteor capture video. Sony came out with their new Pregius™ global shutter (GS) CMOS imaging technology that transforms GS CMOS imaging and gives users fast frame rates along with imaging performance similar to that provided by a CCD sensor. This technology allows for higher quantum efficiency, as well as reduced dark noise for higher gains without losing any image quality. The global shutter gets rid of pixelization encountered during planetary or lunar imaging produced by atmospheric agitation and high frame rates.
The attachment of a separately sold 50mm f/1.4 C-mount Lens enables the capture of stars as faint as magnitude 9 at 30 fps while recording live video. High sensitivity and HD resolution help take video astronomy to greater heights.
QHY's unique construction maintains the 1.25" eyepiece design. A major plus of this design is a more effective heat transfer to the exterior case for lower noise specifically in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25" design also optimizes this camera for off-axis guiding by providing the shortest possible back focus. Furthermore, the QHY5III174 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port LEMO connectors are known for being tough as well as dependable.
The QHY5III174 CMOS Camera is also available in a color version. This camera is well-equipped for solar imaging with short focal length telescopes that absorb the full solar disk within the field of view.
- QHY5III174 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- 1.5 m 5PIN LEMO to RJ11 Guide Cable
- Confocal Ring
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Mono
- Sensor Model: 1/1.2" Sony IMX174 Exmor CMOS
- Resolution: 2.35 MP
- Effective Pixels: 1936 x 1216
- Pixel Size: 5.86 µm x 5.86 µm
- Effective Area: 11.34mm x 7.13mm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: >32Ke
- Peak QE: 78%
- Readout Noise: 5.3e@Gain0; 2.8e@Gain60; 1.6e@Gain100
- System Gain: 0.46e-/ADU@Gain0
- Anti-Amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight considerably)
- Shutter: Global
- Max Frame Rate (8 bit): 138 FPS @ 1936x1216; 260 FPS @ 960x600; 490 FPS @ 480x300
- ADC: 10-Bit/12-Bit; Output: 8-Bit/12-Bit
- Minimum Exposure: 5 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 900 sec
- Pixel Binning: 1x1; 2x2
- MicroLens: On-chip micro lens array
- Guide Port: 5pin Lemo aviation socket
- Backfocus: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece (31.6mm diameter)
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM; SharpCAP
- Weight: 3 oz.
DocumentationQHY5III Series User's Manual
QHYCCD WDM Driver Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of