QHYCCD Mini Guidescope Only for QHY5 Series Cameras - MINIGUIDESCOPE
QHY5III178 Color CMOS Camera
Of all the new QHY5III series CMOS USB 3.0 cameras, the QHY5III178 features the highest resolution. It contains a Sony IMX178 ExmorR CMOS color sensor with a 2.4 µm pixel size and 1/1.8" larger sensor size for gathering highly accurate guiding data as well as maintain an adequate field of view to obtain more guide stars. This versatile camera is made to be a wide FOV autoguider, high resolution planetary imager, and deep sky camera for the novice. The QHY5III178 camera has anti-amp glow control to help lessen amplifier glow considerably when deep sky imaging.
The QHY5III178 sensor is Sony's trademark StarVis BSI image sensor. This 6.0 mega pixel CMOS image sensor is back-illuminated for use in high sensitivity operations. It has a sensitivity of 2000 mV+ per 1 µm^2 (color product, when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent), and achieves superior image quality in visible and near infrared light.
The 1.25" eyepiece format remains with QHYCCD's unique design. A major advantage of this design comes in the form of a higher heat transfer efficiency to the exterior case for lower noise, specifically in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25" format also optimizes this camera for Off-Axis guiding by providing the shortest back focus capacity. Moreover, the QHY5III178 employs the LEMO style connector, known for its dependability and ruggedness, for the guide socket.
- QHYCCD QHY5III178 Color CMOS Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- 1.5 m 5-Pin LEMO to RJ11 Guide Cable
- Confocal Ring
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Color
- CMOS Sensor Model: Sony STARVIS IMX178 Exmor R
- Imager Size: 1/1.8"
- Resolution: 6 MP
- Pixel Array: 3072 x 2048
- Effective Area: 7.37mm x 4.91mm
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e - 0.9e
- Anti-Amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight substantially)
- Shutter: Rolling
- Max Frame Rate: 50 FPS @ full resolution; 100 FPS @ 1528x1024; 190 FPS @ 764x512
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/14-Bit; Output 8-Bit/14-Bit
- Minimum Exposure Time: 9 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1200 sec
- Pixel Binning: 1x1; 2x2
- MicroLens: Onchip micro lens array
- Guide Port: 5-pin Lemo aviation socket
- Backfocus: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece (31.6mm diameter)
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM; SharpCAP
- Weight: 3 oz.
DocumentationQHY5III Series User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of