QHYCCD Mini Guidescope Only for QHY5 Series Cameras - MINIGUIDESCOPE
QHY5III178 Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY5III178 has the highest resolution of all QHY's new QHY5III series CMOS USB 3.0 imaging cameras. Its tiny 2.4 µm pixel size and 1/1.8" larger sensor size contribute to both getting high precision guiding data, and to keep an acceptable field of view to attain many guide stars. The QHY5III178 is designed for wide FOV autoguiding as well as high resolution planetary imaging. It can also be used as an introduction to imaging deep sky objects. The QHY5III178 camera features anti-amp glow control for substantially reducing amplifier glow when using it for deep sky applications.
The QHY5III178 uses Sony's StarVis BSI image sensor. STARVIS, a trademark of Sony Corporation, features back-illuminated pixel technology used in CMOS sensors when performing highly sensitive functions. This 6.0 megapixel sensor has a sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1 µm^2 (color product, when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent), and attains exceptional picture quality in the visible as well as near infrared light regions.
QHY's unique construction maintains the 1.25" eyepiece format. Lower noise especially in high ambient temperatures due to a more productive heat transfer to the exterior case is an important advantage of the QHY5III178 design. The 1.25" format also optimizes this camera for Off-Axis guiding by providing the shortest possible back focus. In addition, the QHY5III178 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port. LEMO connectors are famous for their toughness and reliability.
- QHYCCD QHY5III178 Monochrome CMOS Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- 1.5 m 5-Pin LEMO to RJ11 Guide Cable
- Confocal Ring
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Mono
- CMOS Sensor Model: Sony STARVIS IMX178 Exmor R
- Imager Size: 1/1.8"
- Resolution: 6 MP
- Pixel Array: 3072 x 2048
- Effective Area: 7.37mm x 4.91mm
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e - 0.9e
- Anti-Amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight substantially)
- Shutter: Rolling
- Max Frame Rate: 50 FPS @ full resolution; 100 FPS @ 1528x1024; 190 FPS @ 764x512
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/14-Bit; Output 8-Bit/14-Bit
- Minimum Exposure Time: 9 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1200 sec
- Pixel Binning: 1x1; 2x2
- MicroLens: Onchip micro lens array
- Guide Port: 5-pin Lemo aviation socket
- Backfocus: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece (31.6mm diameter)
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM; SharpCAP
- Weight: 3 oz.
DocumentationQHY5III Series User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of