The QHY8L is an excellent 6 Megapixel one shot color camera with APS-C sized chip that is very affordable. The QHY8L uses the Sony ICX413AQ CCD sensor with Super Had technology. QHY8-L is the successor to the best-selling model - QHY8. The 7.8um*7.8um pixel size is ideal for high resolution and high sensitivity deep sky imaging. The 400g weight and a 63mm diameter makes the QHY8PRO very suitable for HyperStar Imaging as well. It will produce high SNR color deep sky imaging at a very attractive price point. QHY CCD astronomical camera.
- Sony ICX413AQ
- Total pixel : 3110 x 2030
- Active pixels: 3032 x 2016
- Pixel Size: 7.8um x 7.8um square
- Effective sensor area: 28.4 mm diagonal
- Color method: RGB BAYER film on CCD
- QE: 60% at Green (Peak) , 50% at Blue and Ha
- Readout noise: 6-10 e at600 Kpixel/s
- Microlensing on chip
- CCD readout Type - Two field Readout
- Anti Blooming Gate: -110dB
- Supported Binning 1*1,2*2,4*4
- 16bit ADC with CDS and Preamp
- Built in temperature sensor
- Maximum 35C below ambient temperature
- Built in active fan
- DC201 with TEC controller
- Telescope Interface M42/0.75 screw (T-Thread)
- Weight(Camera body only) 390g (without tilt adjust ring)
- Camera size Diameter=63mm Length=129mm suitable for primary focus imaging and Hyperstar
- DC201s DC adapter
- USB2.0 High Speed interface
- Guide port - built in Optic isolated guide port RJ11 6pin (ST4 type)
- Fully sealed
- Desiccant Silicon tube
Only ships in contiguous USA.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
QHYCCD Camera Systems
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
QHYCCD Camera Warranty Period
QHYCCD provides a Two Year warranty period Except for the following items:
- CCD/CMOS Sensor
- TEC module
CCD/CMOS Sensors: Kodak's Sensor is under Kodak's warranty period of one year from the time KODAK ships to QHYCCD. Sony's Sensors have a two year warranty from the date of original sale to end user.
TEC modules: Have a One year warranty.
Cables: Have a one year warranty.
Repair Warranty Conditions:
The camera is warranted to be free of defects and will be repaired at no cost for the warranty period with normal use. Any damages due to improper use or incident are not under warranty. End user is responsible for shipping costs to the manufacture.
The following conditions are not covered under warranty
- CCD Chips will develop bad columns from time to time. If a defect column should appear after initial use, once the camera is put into operation, it is not considered a defect given that normal image calibration removes bad columns. If the CCD sensor exceeds the warranty period, QHYCCD will replace the CCD sensor at the end user expense
- CCD sensor damaged by static discharge due to improper grounding of AC power supplies.
- Scratch on CCD sensor
- Water damage from exposure to water leaks
- Low CTE columns (if there are two low CTE columns nearby and it cannot be fixed by normal calibration tools, QHYCCD, will replace it)
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of