DescriptionThe Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 Multi-Purpose GoTo Mount is a highly versatile medium-weight mount that will satisfy all of your needs, including alt-azimuth or equatorial set-ups, and the ability to mount two telescopes at once! With a weight capacity of 30 pounds, the AZ-EQ5 will easily handle most refractors as well as Schmidt-Cassegrain’s and Newtonians with apertures of 8” or less.
You will love the hybrid capabilities of the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 mount!
- For terrestrial use, visual astronomy, or quick photos of bright objects in our solar system, set the AZ-EQ5 up in alt-azimuth mode.
- Deep-sky imaging calls for an equatorial mount. This mount offers features that astro-imagers will love, such as Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), an autoguider port, a DSLR electronic shutter release port, low backlash, and +/- 5 seconds of native periodic error. Two 7.5 lb. counterweights are included in the AZ-EQ5 mount package, as does a counterweight shaft extension with an interior that allows cabling to run through its center.
- If you are doing outreach at a school or want to share your views at a star party, the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 comes with two V-style mounting saddles so that you can mount two telescopes, one on each side of the mount.
Regardless of the set-up you choose, the AZ-EQ5 offers GoTo capabilities via the included SynScan hand controller. The computerized controller houses easy-to-understand alignment instructions, as well as a massive 42,900 object database. Should you choose to move your telescope and find objects from a computer instead of the hand controller, there are several planetarium programs available on the market with telescope control features as well as beautiful representations of the Universe.
A high quality tripod is also included with the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 mount. The tripod has steel legs that are adjustable, and the feet are spiked to increase stability.
- Skywatcher AZ-EQ5 Dual Mount Head
- Two 7.5 lb. Counterweights
- Counterweight Shaft Extension
- Steel, Adjustable Tripod
- Synscan Computerized Hand Controller & Electronics
- Two Mounting Saddles for dual-OTA configuration
- DC Power Cord
Dimensions & Specifications
German Equatorial/Alt-Az/dual OTA
Permanent Periodic Error Correction:
Yes, PPEC can be trained with autoguider or PC
Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing
Native Periodic Error:
+/- 5 arc seconds
Shutter Release Control:
Dual, for batch exposures of astrophotography
Includes two V-style saddles for mounting dual OTAs
Power Supply Connections:
Includes Primary Axis Encoder:
Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment
SynScan Hand Controller:
42,900 object database
Retractable, also includes counterweight extension bar
Two 7.5 lb. counterweights included
Steel legs, adjustable, spiked feet
Approximately 0.14 arc seconds
DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port:
Via software control or optional polar scope
1, 2, or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
RA/DEC Worm Gears:
D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
Latitude Adjustment Range:
10 degrees to 70 degrees, 90 degrees
Azimuth Adjustment Range:
+/- 9 degrees
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.