ZWO 1.25" Low Profile Cover - ASILPC
ZWO ASI120MC-S Super Speed Color CMOS Imaging Camera Highlights
- The ZWO ASI120MC-S color imaging camera features a 1.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with 3.75 µm square pixels in a 1280 x 960 array.
- The camera has a USB 3.0 interface, for download speeds of 72fps at full resolution, that’s twice as fast as USB 2.0!
- Capable of imaging deep sky objects as well as the Sun, the Moon & the planets. At this price point, that’s amazing.
- The ZWO ASI120-S comes with a 150º lens. Thread it on and you have an All-Sky Camera for some super wide angle night sky shots.
- Autoguider is easily attached via the built-in ST4 port.
- The ZWO ASI120-S body is crafted of CNC machined aluminum. It looks great and will hold up to heavy use.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
The ZWO ASI120-S Super Speed Color CMOS Camera is an incredibly flexible device; perfect for astrophotographers that want a superior all-in-one camera that doesn’t break the bank. This high-speed model is based on the very popular ASI120MC camera, but it has been updated to a very fast USB 3.0 interface, which increases the download speed to double that of USB 2.0…quite an improvement! Here is a list of frames per second (fps) rates at various resolutions when connected to USB 3.0:
- 72fps @ 1280 x 960
- 90 fps @ 1024 x 768
- 141 fps @ 640 x 480
- 212 fps @ 480 x 320
- 256 fps @ 320 x 240
The ZWO ASI120-S is so flexible! It can be used to produce great one-shot color images of the Moon, the Sun (with proper filtration) & the planets as well as deep-sky objects such as galaxies, star clusters, and nebulae. The engine behind this camera is the CMOS AR0130CS 1/3" Sensor, which offers a top end resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels or 1.2 megapixels. Long exposure times are supported up to 1,000 seconds, or 16.66 minutes. As we mentioned earlier, another impressive feature of the ZWO ASI120-S is its ability to deliver up to 256 frames per second (FPS) at reduced resolution settings and a substantial 72 FPS at full resolution. This wide range of capture resolution settings allows amateur astronomers to conduct planetary and deep sky imaging without having to switch cameras.
Have you seen all the wide-field images taken lately with an All-Sky Camera? These beautiful pictures show the entire Milky Way in all its glory, or capture images of meteor showers, with particles streaking from the radiant in all directions. With the ZWO ASI120-S, there is no need to buy a separate all-sky camera! A 150º lens comes standard with the ASI120MC-S, and all you have to do is thread the lens onto the camera body (shown in one of the pictures to your left) and, voila! You have an All Sky Camera!
Besides the 150º lens, there are other accessories included with the ZWO ASI120-S that make it ready to go, right out of the box. A CD is included that contains the ZWO User Manual, Windows Camera Driver, ASCOM Driver, SharpCap Image Capturing Software, FireCapture Image Capturing Software and Stakkert 2 Stacking Software. You will also receive a protective window, a USB 3.0 cable, an ST4 guider cable, an M42 & 1.25” Nosepiece, and a 1.25” cover.
- ZWO ASI120MC-S Super Speed USB 3.0 Color CMOS Astronomy Camera
- 150º Lens Adapter for All-Sky Camera Use
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- 2 m USB 3.0 Cable
- 2 m ST4 Guide Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 1/3” CMOS color AR0130CS
- Resolution: 1.2 MP
- Pixel Array: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Minimum Exposure: 64 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Camera Cooling: Natural Convection
- CCD Architecture: Frame Transfer
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 28mm
- Weight 3.5 oz.
- Working Temperature: -5ºC to 45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to 60ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of