ZWO 1.25" Low Profile Cover - ASILPC
ZWO ASI120MM-S Super Speed Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera w/Manual Filter Wheel & 1.25" LRGB Filters
This ZWO camera kit features the Super Speed ASI120MM-S monochrome camera, a 1.25" Manual Filter Wheel & a four piece 1.25" LRGB Filter Set. With all of these great accessories, this kit is perfect for anyone looking to get started in astrophotography or to upgrade from a planetary camera or webcam. Below you will find descriptions for each ZWO kit component.
ZWO ASI120-S USB 3.0 CMOS Monochrome Camera Highlights
- The ZWO ASI120MM-S camera has a USB 3.0 interface, for download speeds of 72fps at full resolution, that’s twice as fast as USB 2.0!
- The ASI120-S can image deep sky objects as well as the Sun, the Moon & the planets. At this price point, that’s amazing.
- The 1.2 megapixel CMOS sensor sports 3.75 µm pixels in a 1280 x 960 array.
- Want to do some super wide angle night sky shots? The ZWO ASI120-S comes with a 150º lens. Thread it on and you have an All-Sky Camera.
- The included filter wheel & four piece color filter set lets you take beautiful color images, and you can attach the autoguider of your choice via the built-in ST4 port.
- The ZWO ASI120-S body is crafted of CNC machined aluminum, not plastic. It looks great and will hold up to heavy use.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
The ZWO ASI120-S Super Speed Monochrome CMOS Camera is an incredibly flexible device; perfect for astrophotographers that want a superior all-in-one camera that doesn’t break the bank. This high-speed model is based on the very popular ASI120MM camera, but it has been updated to a very fast USB 3.0 interface, which increases the download speed to double that of USB 2.0…quite an improvement! Here is a list of frames per second (fps) rates at various resolutions when connected to USB 3.0:
- 72fps @ 1280 x 960
- 90 fps @ 1024 x 768
- 141 fps @ 640 x 480
- 212 fps @ 480 x 320
- 256 fps @ 320 x 240
The ZWO ASI120-S is so flexible! It can be used to produce great images of the Moon, the Sun (with proper filtration) & the planets as well as deep-sky objects such as galaxies, star clusters, and nebulae. The engine behind this camera is the CMOS MT9M034 1/3" Sensor, which offers a top end resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels or 1.2 megapixels. This sensor has a peak QE of 75% and has no fixed pattern noise (FPN). Long exposure times are supported up to 1,000 seconds, or 16.66 minutes. As we mentioned earlier, another impressive feature of the ZWO ASI120-S is its ability to deliver up to 256 frames per second (FPS) at reduced resolution settings and a substantial 72 FPS at full resolution. This wide range of capture resolution settings allows amateur astronomers to conduct planetary and deep sky imaging without having to switch cameras.
Have you seen all the wide-field images taken lately with an All-Sky Camera? These beautiful pictures show the entire Milky Way in all its glory, or capture images of meteor showers, with particles streaking from the radiant in all directions. With the ZWO ASI120-S, there is no need to buy a separate all-sky camera! A 150º lens comes standard with the ASI120MM-S, and all you have to do is thread the lens onto the camera body (shown in one of the pictures to your left) and, voila! You have an All Sky Camera!
Besides the 150º lens, there are other accessories included with the ZWO ASI120-S that make it ready to go, right out of the box. A CD is included that contains the ZWO User Manual, Windows Camera Driver, ASCOM Driver, SharpCap Image Capturing Software, FireCapture Image Capturing Software and Stakkert 2 Stacking Software. You will also receive a clear protective window, a USB 3.0 cable, an ST4 guider cable, an M42 1.25” Nosepiece, and a 1.25” cover.
ZWO 5-Position Manual Filter Wheel
- The ZWO 1.25" Manual Filter Wheel is a great addition to the ZWO ASI120MM-S USB 3.0 Monochrome Astronomy Camera.
- This 5-position filter wheel lets you easily organize the filters you plan on using for the nights imaging session.
- Handles up to five 1.25" filters.
- To select a filter all you have to do is turn the numbered dial and choose a filter. Each position securely clicks into place for use.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- The ZWO 1.25" LRGB filter set is a great accessory for imagers that want a solid filter set without breaking the bank.
- The ZWO LRGB Filter Set includes four filters: 1.25" IR/CUT, 1.25" Red, 1.25" Blue, and 1.25" Green.
- Each filter in the ZWO LRGB filter set delivers over 90% light transmission.
- All filters are housed in a sturdy filter cell and have anti-reflective coatings.
- ZWO ASI120MM Super Speed Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
- Manual Filter Wheel for 1.25" Filters
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- 150º Lens for All-Sky Camera Use
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 1/3” Aptina MT9M034 CMOS monochrome
- Resolution: 1.2 MP
- Pixel Array: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm square
- Camera Cooling: Natural Convection
- CCD Architecture: Frame Transfer
- Minimum Exposure: 64 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2"-1.25" (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 62mm x 28mm
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Working Temperature: -5ºC to 45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to 60ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of