ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Kit 3
The ASI1600MM Pro Kit 3 from ZWO includes a monochrome ASI1600 Pro camera, a 7-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 36mm filters, plus sets of 36mm LRGB and 36mm H-Alpha, OIII, and SII narrowband filters!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
Featuring low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera provides superb performance for astrophotography. This camera offers 12.5 stops of dynamic range which is even better than the KAF8300, despite a 12-bit ADC, because of its ultra-low read noise.
Four screws are used to seal the ASI1600 Pro's chamber. This design has been confirmed by full testing to be extremely stable. The ASI1600 Pro does not suffer from dew problems and still operates normally even when humidity is high.
DDR Memory Buffer
For improved data transfer stability, the ASI1600 Pro has an upgraded PCB board with a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This also eliminates amp-glow issues commonly caused by slow speed data transfer during readout with USB2.0 ports. The DDR memory buffer is the key distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb of bandwidth to allow the ASI1600 Pro to run at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or 19 fps in high-speed 23bit mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). For a cooling power supply, ZWO recommends either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive) or a 9-15V battery.
USB 2.0 HUB connects a variety of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser. This allows better cable management. Two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables are included with the ASI1600 Pro. When connected, this hub can also be powered by an external source.
The ASI1600 Pro camera features a two-stage TEC cooling process for exceptionally deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. For operation, an external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is required.
ZWO 7-Position Electronic Filter Wheel
This Electronic Filter Wheel (EFW) from ZWO has slots for up to seven 36mm unmounted filters.
Black anodized and CNC machined from aircraft-grade aluminum, the EFW7 is rugged and durable, despite weighing in at only 14 ounces. An interior Japanese-made NPM stepper motor is used to rotate the carousel clockwise or counterclockwise. ZWO cameras use a USB2.0 hub and an included cable to power the EFW7.
ZWO 36mm LRGB Filter Set
- This set of unmounted 36mm LRGB filters are optimized for use with the monochrome sensor used by the ASI1600 Pro
- Comes with 36mm Luminance (IR-Cut), Red, Green, and Blue filters
- More than 92% light transmission at passband
- You'll enjoy improved transmission, color separation, and coatings compared to standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Delicate optical polishing for precise 1/4 wavefront
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coating boost performance
- Each filter has a small spectral gap to decrease the impact of light pollution
ZWO 36mm Unmounted Narrowband Filters
The effects of light pollution are not eliminated by Narrowband filters, and object brightness is not enhanced. In several cases, they highlight the contrast between nebulae and the night sky even more while not brightening the nebula.
With these filters, the transmission of particular wavelengths of light is reduced, especially those generated by artificial light sources such as mercury vapor, high and low pressure sodium vapor lights, and undesired light resulting from neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (skyglow).
- ZWO's 36mm 7 nm H-Alpha Filter passes light at 656 nm wavelength and has a light transmission that comes up to 80%. Best fit for high contrast imaging to bring out brilliant detail in nebulae when working in areas with strong light pollution.
- Passing light at 672 nm with a 7 nm bandpass, the ZWO 36mm SII Filter is made for viewing most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, and supernova vestiges. Combine this filter with the H-Alpha and OIII narrowband filters for tricolor CCD astro-imaging.
- Designed for nebula observing, the ZWO 36mm OIII Filter with 7 nm bandpass allows 500 nm wavelength light to pass through, analogous to OIII emission lines, while blocking any additional light. Adding this OIII Narrowband filter to your imaging repertoire will help take your imaging outside the limits of RGB to facilitate the capture of your most favored nebulae in a brand new light, no matter the severity of light pollution.
- ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Imaging Camera
- 7-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 36mm Filters
- 36mm Luminance Filter
- 36mm Red Filter
- 36mm Green Filter
- 36mm Blue Filter
- 36mm H-Alpha Filter
- 36mm SII Filter
- 36mm OIII Filter
- Camera Bag
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- T2-1.25" Adapter
- 2x Spacers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 21.9mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of