ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Kit 1
The ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Kit 1 features an ASI1600 Pro camera in the monochrome version, as well as 1.25" LRGB, H-Alpha, OIII, and SII filters, and an 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" or 31 mm filters!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
With low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera offers top-of-the-line astrophotography performance. Due to its super low read noise, this camera features 12.5 stops of dynamic range, even with a 12-bit ADC. This represents an upgrade over the KAF8300.
The ASI1600 Pro's chamber is sealed via four screws. This structure has been fully tested and is known to have great stability. Even in conditions of high humidity, this camera still works fine and is not impacted by dew issues.
DDR Memory Buffer
A 256MB DDR3 memory buffer is integrated into the ASI1600 Pro camera's upgrade PCB board to improve data transfer stability and avoid amp-glow issues encountered during readout with USB2.0 due to slow speed data transfer. This DDR memory buffer is the main distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
5 gb of bandwidth is provided by the USB 3.0 port to run the ASI1600 Pro at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or, at full resolution, 19 fps in high-speed 23bit mode. In order to power the cooler, ZWO suggests either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive) or a 9-15V battery (sold separately).
USB 2.0 HUB links up numerous accessories like a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser, for easier cable management. The ASI1600 Pro comes with two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables. An external supply provides the power source when connected.
The ASI1600 Pro camera has a two-stage TEC cooling system for extremely deep -40ºC below ambient cooling. A separately sold AC-DC power supply is required to operate the cooler.
ZWO 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel
This ZWO Electronic Filter Wheel (EFW) is capable of holding up to eight 1.25" mounted or 31 mm unmounted filters. 31 mm filters are kept in place via included set screws and washers.
Black anodized and CNC machined from aircraft-grade aluminum, the EFW8 is rugged and durable, despite weighing in at only 14 ounces. An interior Japanese-made NPM stepper motor is used to rotate the carousel clockwise or counterclockwise. ZWO cameras use a USB2.0 hub and included cable to power the EFW8.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- These 1.25" LRGB filters are designed to approximately emulate the ASI1600 monochrome sensor's flux
- Comes with four 1.25" filters - Luminance (IR-Cut), Red, Green, and Blue
- Over 92% light transmission at passband
- Transmission, color separation, and coatings are all improved over standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Fine optical polishing ensures 1/4 wavefront precision
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coating enable better performance
- Each filter in this set has a small spectral gap to minimize the effect of light pollution
- All four filters come mounted in a solid filter cell
ZWO 1.25" Mounted Narrowband Filters
Narrowband filters do not remove light pollution effects, nor do they enhance the brightness of an object. In many instances, they boost the contrast between nebulae and the night sky without brightening the nebula.
With these filters, the transmission of particular wavelengths of light is reduced, especially those generated by artificial light sources such as mercury vapor, high and low-pressure sodium vapor lights, and undesired light resulting from neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (skyglow).
- The ZWO 1.25" H-Alpha Filter, with a bandpass of 7 nm, allows light to pass at 656 nm wavelength with a light transmission rate of nearly 80%. Optimally suited for high contrast imaging and displaying vibrant details in nebulae even under severe light pollution.
- Passing light at 672 nm with a 7 nm bandpass, the ZWO 1.25" SII Filter is made for viewing most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, and supernova vestiges. Combine this filter with the H-Alpha and OIII narrowband filters for tricolor CCD astro-imaging.
- The 1.25" OIII 7 nm filter from ZWO permits light to pass at a wavelength of 500 nm, in conjunction with OIII emission lines, while obstructing all other light. This narrowband filter will take your imaging beyond RGB to enable the capture of your favorite nebulae in a completely new light, regardless of how much light pollution is involved.
- ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Imaging Camera
- 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 31mm or 1.25" Filters
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- 1.25" H-Alpha Filter
- 1.25" SII Filter
- 1.25" OIII Filter
- Camera Bag
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- T2-1.25" Adapter
- 2x Spacers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 21.9mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of