ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Mini Kit 1
This ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Mini Kit 1 features the monochrome version of the ASI1600 Pro camera, and includes a 5-position EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel as well as a set of 1.25" LRGB filters!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
With low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera offers top-of-the-line astrophotography performance. Due to its super low read noise, this camera features 12.5 stops of dynamic range, even with a 12-bit ADC. This represents an upgrade over the KAF8300.
The ASI1600 Pro chamber is designed to be sealed using four screws. Full testing has shown this structure to be exceptionally stable. Dew problems do not affect the performance of the ASI1600, even in highly humid environments.
DDR Memory Buffer
For improved data transfer stability, the ASI1600 Pro has an upgraded PCB board with a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This also eliminates amp-glow issues commonly caused by slow speed data transfer during readout with USB2.0 ports. The DDR memory buffer is the key distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 port provides 5 gb of bandwith to power the ASI1600 Pro for operation at 14.7 fps in 12bit normal mode, or 19 fps in 23bit high speed mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). ZWO recommends using either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery to supply power for the cooler.
USB 2.0 HUB connects a variety of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser. This allows better cable management. Two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables are included with the ASI1600 Pro. When connected, this hub can also be powered by an external source.
The ASI1600 Pro camera has a two-stage TEC cooling system for extremely deep -40ºC below ambient cooling. A separately sold AC-DC power supply is required to operate the cooler.
ZWO EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
This ZWO Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, or EFW Mini, is incredibly compact and lightweight! It weighs only 300 grams (10.58 ounces) and is ultra thin at only 20mm.
Despite being small enough to fit in your hand, the ZWO EFW Mini features rugged construction. Its black anodized body is CNC machined from a block of aircraft-grade aluminum, and the stepper motor is manufactured in Japan by NPM.
This 5-position color filter wheel, rotatable in both directions, accepts either 1.25" or 31mm filters. A set of 1.25" LRGB filters is also included in this kit. Using these filters with the ASI1600 Pro Camera allows for non-vignetted images with systems as fast as f/5.
Following ASCOM driver installation, simply plug one of the included USB2.0 cables into your camera's USB hub to begin using the ZWO EFW Mini. You can also connect the EFW Mini filter wheel directly to your computer via the USB cable. ZWO's ASCOM driver works with a wide selection of control software.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- These 1.25" LRGB filters have been optimized for use with the ASI1600's monochrome sensor
- Includes 1.25" (IR-Cut) Luminance, Red, Green, and Blue filters
- Each filter in this set delivers 92%+ light transmission at passband
- You'll enjoy better transmission, color separation, and coatings compared to standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Delicate optical polishing for 1/4 wavefront accuracy
- Multiple anti-reflection coating layers enhance performance
- These filters have a small spectral gap to reduce the impact of light pollution
- Each filter is mounted in a sturdy filter cell
- ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Imaging Camera
- 5-Position Mini Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" or 31mm Filters
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- Camera Bag
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- T2-1.25" Adapter
- 2x Spacers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 21.9mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bi
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of