ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Mini Kit 4
Featuring low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera provides superb performance for astrophotography. This camera offers 12.5 stops of dynamic range which is even better than the KAF8300, despite a 12-bit ADC, because of its ultra-low read noise.
The ASI1600 Pro chamber is designed to be sealed using four screws. Full testing has shown this structure to be exceptionally stable. Dew problems do not affect the performance of the ASI1600, even in highly humid environments.
DDR Memory Buffer
For improved data transfer stability, the ASI1600 Pro has an upgraded PCB board with a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This also eliminates amp-glow issues commonly caused by slow speed data transfer during readout with USB2.0 ports. The DDR memory buffer is the key distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb of bandwidth to allow the ASI1600 Pro to run at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or 19 fps in high-speed 23bit mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). For a cooling power supply, ZWO recommends either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive) or a 9-15V battery.
USB 2.0 HUB connects a variety of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser. This allows better cable management. Two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables are included with the ASI1600 Pro. When connected, this hub can also be powered by an external source.
The ASI1600 Pro camera features a two-stage TEC cooling process for exceptionally deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. For operation, an external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is required.
ZWO EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
This ZWO Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, or EFW Mini, is incredibly compact and lightweight! It weighs only 300 grams (10.58 ounces) and is ultra thin at only 20 mm.
Even though it's small enough to fit in your hand, the ZWO EFW Mini is robustly constructed with a CNC-machined black anodized body made of aircraft-grade aluminum. In addition, the stepper motor is made in Japan by NPM.
This 5-position color filter wheel, rotatable in both directions, accepts either 1.25" or 31 mm filters. A set of 1.25" LRGB filters are also included in this kit. Using these filters with the ASI1600 Pro Camera allows for non-vignetted images with systems as fast as f/5.
After installing the ASCOM driver, you can start using the ZWO EFW Mini by plugging one of the USB 2.0 cables included in this kit into the USB hub. You can also use one of the USB cables to connect the EFW Mini directly to your computer. ZWO's ASCOM driver is compatible with a large variety of control software.
ZWO 31mm LRGB & H-Alpha Filters
- These 31mm LRGB filters have been optimized for use with the ASI1600's monochrome sensor
- Includes 31mm (IR-Cut) Luminance, Red, Green, Blue, and H-Alpha filters
- The four LRGB filters in this set deliver more than 92% light transmission at passband
- You'll enjoy better transmission, color separation, and coatings compared to standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Delicate optical polishing for 1/4 wavefront accuracy
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings enhance performance
- These filters feature a small spectral gap to minimize the effects of light pollution
- Each filter in this kit comes mounted in a sturdy filter cell
- ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Imaging Camera
- 5-Position Mini Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" or 31mm Filters
- 31mm Luminance Filter
- 31mm Red Filter
- 31mm Green Filter
- 31mm Blue Filter
- 31mm H-Alpha Filter
- Camera Bag
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- T2-1.25" Adapter
- 2x Spacers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 21.9mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bi
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of