ZWO 1.25" Low Profile Cover - ASILPC
ZWO ASI174MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Kit 2
The ASI174MM Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera, designed by ZWO, is similar to the ASI120MM-S but even better in terms of revolutionary characteristics such as a high-speed USB 3.0 port, ST4 guide port, standard 2" interface with M42x0.75 internal threads, rear 1/4" tripod thread mount, and AR window. But the ASI174 has one critical difference - the inclusion of Sony's IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor. When it comes to high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky imaging, the Sony IMX174 sensor has a lot going for it:
Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- 1/1.2” CMOS: The Sony IMX174 is a 13.4mm (Type 1/1.2) CMOS imaging sensor with 2.35 MP with 5.86 µm pixel size in an array of 1936 x 1216.
- Pregius Global Shutter: The development of a new pixel with analog memory allows for all pixels to be scanned at once. This global shutter function on the Sony IMX174 sensor means images taken of moving objects will not suffer from focal plane distortion, resulting in high picture quality. This is a very beneficial feature, especially when you are performing lunar or solar imaging tasks. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can distort the image if the readout speed is not fast enough (<30fps).
- Exmor High Performance: The Exmor label, a Sony trademark, asserts that the CMOS image sensor is known to be a high-performance model, with high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation through column-parallel A/D conversion.
- High QE, Low Noise: High QE and low noise should be the goal as a general rule. The peak quantum efficiency (QE) for the ZWO ASI174 is 78%. The QE curve is slightly higher in B and G than the ASI120, while it is slightly lower in R and IR. And the read noise? It measures out at only 6e-!
- High Frame Rate: The Sony IMX174 functions at 128.2 frames per second at 12 bit ADC and 164.5 frames per second at 10 bit ADC at full resolution.
- ROI Mode: With ROI (Region of Interest) mode, an even higher frame rate can be reached. This mode allows a maximum of 16 areas for capture inside the effective pixels area to be set.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).
ZWO EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- At only 300 grams (10.6 ounces), the EFW Mini is the smallest and most lightweight 1.25" electronic filter wheel available. It even fits in your hand!
- CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminum, the EFW Mini body has a very thin design at only 20mm.
- At the heart of the EFW Mini is the step motor, manufactured by NPM in Japan so you can be confident in its quality and reliability.
- Holds either five 1.25" filters or five 31 mm filters. Rotates both clockwise and counterclockwise for filter selection.
- Only one USB cable is needed to power the EFW Mini, as maximum power consumption is around 120ma @5V, so you can connect it to your cooled camera's USB 2.0 hub.
- When connected to the recommended ASI1600, the filter to sensor distance is approximately 10mm.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
These 1.25" ZWO LRGB filters are designed to approximately equalize the flux of the ASI1600 monochrome sensor for improved transmission, coating, and color separation.
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- More than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700 - 1100 nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layered anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize the effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 1.9+/-0.03mm
- ZWO ASI174MM USB 3.0 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
- Mini Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" Filters
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 1/1.2” Sony monochrome CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3 MP
- Pixel Array: 1936 x 1216
- Pixel Size: 5.86 µm x 5.86 µm
- Camera Cooling: Natural Convection
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 164 fps
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 397 fps
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Peak QE: 78%
- Read Noise Low Speed: 6e
- Read Noise High Speed: 15e
- Saturation Capacity: 32K
- Dynamic Range: 72dB
- Gain: 8 e-/ADU low speed; 32 e-/ADU high speed
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 41mm
- Weight: 140 g (4.9 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of