ZWO 1.25" Low Profile Cover - ASILPC
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Kit 2
This ZWO ASI178MM includes the IMX178 back-illuminated 6.4 MP image sensor, designed by Sony. This 1/1.8" sensor has 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm pixels in a 3096 x 2080 pixel array. With a 14-Bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2e, and high sensitivity, the ASI178MM serves as an excellent camera for both astronomy and microscopy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- With the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, you'll experience high sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing the fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²* and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near-infrared light regions.
- A high dynamic range is realized via 14-Bit ADC which lowered quantization noise and dark random noise. This enhances image clarity in light and dark areas, even for high contrast objects.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed.
*When imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent.
ZWO 1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- Small enough to fit in your hand, the EFW Mini weighs in at only 300 grams (10.6 ounces), making it the most lightweight and compact 1.25" electronic filter wheel on the market.
- The body of the EFW Mini is made from CNC-machined aircraft grade aluminum and features a very thin 20 mm design.
- The step motor, manufactured by NPM in Japan so you can be assured of its quality and reliability, forms the core of the EFW Mini.
- Capable of holding five 1.25" or 31mm filters. Offers clockwise as well as a counterclockwise rotation for selecting filters.
- Only one USB cable is needed to power the EFW Mini, as maximum power consumption is around 120ma @5V, so you can connect it to your cooled camera's USB 2.0 hub.
- When connected to the recommended ASI1600, the filter to sensor distance is approximately 10mm.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- More than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700 - 1100 nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layered anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize the effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 1.9+/-0.03mm
- ZWO ASI178MM USB 3.0 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
- Mini Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" Filters
- 170º Lens Adapter
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8" IMX178 monochrome CMOS
- Resolution: 6.4 MP
- Pixel Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 fps
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 fps
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Camera Cooling: Natural Convection
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- OS Compatibility: Mac; Windows; Linux
- Weight: 120 g (4.23 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of