ZWO 170º 2.5mm CS Lens for ASI178MM, 178MC, & 185MC - LENS-2.5
ZWO ASI178MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera
Equipped with ZWO's ASI178MC is the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated, 6.4 MP pixel image sensor. The 1/1.8" sensor has an array of 3096 x 2080 pixels that are 2.4 µm square. With a 14-bit ADC, super low read noise of 2.2 e, and high sensitivity, the ZWO ASI178MC would make a great camera for microscopy as well as astronomy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- High sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range are yours with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing the fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1 µm²* and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near-infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range was achieved by featuring 14-bit ADC, which reduced quantization noise and suppressed dark random noise. This enables clear image quality in light and dark areas, even when imaging objects with high contrast.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed.
*When imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent.
- ZWO AS178MC USB 3.0 CMOS Color Camera
- 170° Lens Adapter for All-Sky Camera Use
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8" IMX178 CMOS color
- Resolution: 6.4 MP
- Image Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 120 g (4.2 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of