ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI178 Monochrome Astronomy Camera
ZWO's ASI178MM is packed with fantastic features, including the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated, 6.4 MP pixel image sensor. The 1/1.8" sensor has an array of 3096 x 2080 pixels that are 2.4 µm square. With a 14-bit ADC, super low read noise of 2.2 e, and high sensitivity, the ZWO ASI178MM would make a great camera for microscopy as well as astronomy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- High sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range are yours with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²*, and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near-infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range was achieved by featuring 14 bit ADC, which reduced quantization noise and suppressed dark random noise. This enables clear image quality in light and dark areas, even when imaging objects with high contrast.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).
*When imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent.
ZWO 5-Position Manual Filter Wheel
- The ZWO 1.25" Manual Filter Wheel is a great addition to any ZWO Monochrome Astronomy Camera!
- This 5-position filter wheel lets you easily organize the filters you plan on using for the nights imaging session.
- Handles up to five 1.25" filters.
- To select a filter all you have to do is turn the numbered dial and choose a filter. Each position securely clicks into place for use.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- The ZWO LRGB Filter Set includes four filters: 1.25" IR-CUT, 1.25" Red, 1.25" Blue, and 1.25" Green.
- Each filter in the ZWO LRGB filter set delivers over 90% light transmission.
- All filters are housed in a sturdy filter cell and have anti-reflective coatings.
- ZWO ASI178MM USB 3.0 CMOS Monochrome Imaging Camera
- 5-Position Manual Filter Wheel for 1.25" Filters
- 170º Lens Adapter for All-Sky Camera Use
- 1.25" Luminance (IR-Cut) Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8” CMOS IMX178 monochrome
- Resolution: 6.4 MP
- Image Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 fps
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 fps
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Camera Cooling: Natural Convection
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz.
- OS Compatibility: Mac; Windows; Linux
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of