ZWO 1.25" Low Profile Cover - ASILPC
ZWO ASI224MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera
The ZWO ASI224MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera follows in the footsteps of the ASI120 when it comes to cutting-edge functionality like a high-speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2” interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an AR window. However, the ZWO ASI224 camera has one important difference, and that is the inclusion of a Sony IMX224 Color CMOS sensor. This image sensor has a lot going for it when it comes to high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky imaging.
Sony IMX224 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX224 sensor offers extremely low read noise (1.5e) and high sensitivity, especially in the IR range.
- The image array for the IMX224 is 1305 x 977, with a pixel size of 3.75 microns.
- This ZWO camera has a gain range of 0 - 60 dB.
- The sensitivity of the pixel Sony developed for this sensor is twice that of their existing product.
- Sensitivity has been improved in the near infrared light region.
- The IMX224 is a Sony Exmor high-performance CMOS image sensor with high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).
- ZWO AS224MC USB 3.0 Color CMOS Astronomy Camera
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/3” IMX224 color CMOS
- Resolution: 1.27 MP
- Image Array: 1305 x 977
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 150 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 299.4 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.5e
- Gain Range: 0 - 60db
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 120 g (4.2 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of