Apertura 1.25" Lunar & Planetary Kit #2 - LPSET2
Baader Planetarium 2" UV-IR-Cut Telescope Filter - FUVIR-2 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Apertura 1.25" Neutral Density Filter 13% Transmission - ND96-0.9 - A-ND91
AstroZap 177 mm x 177 mm Visual Baader Solar Film for Visual Use - AZ1029
AstroZap Baader Solar Filter For 10" LXD 75 SN and 294 mm-304 mm Telescopes - AZ1011
AstroZap Baader Solar Filter for 10" SCT and 288 mm - 298 mm Telescopes - AZ1006
Baader Planetarium has introduced the world's finest 2" UV/IR cut filter. This filter is a must for all digital imaging with digital cameras, CCD cameras, and modified webcams. It's also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc). Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV-IR-Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology to deliver the finest filtration quality and lifetime durability.
- Unmatched 98% Average Transmission! Freedom from ghost images (very low reflection multi-coating, Striae-free, and plane-parallel substrate).
- Extremely Sharp Cutoff at 690nm (leaves all the visible red, including the important 656nm H-alpha emission line).
- Sharp cutoff below 400nm. Eliminates violet halos around bright stars (more effectively than simpler so-called Minus Violet photographic filters).
- True optical quality glass substrate and coatings. Why spend all your money on a quality primary optic, only to place a lower grade filter optic in the path?
- Combine with any of the other Baader filters to deliver the sharpest images possible.
"Got the UV-IR-cut filter. Mounted it internally inside a 400mm lens that I glued to a cheap 3.2 MP camera WORKS GREAT!! Better than the hot mirror supplied with camera more red channel more light - higher shutter speed. At least one extra stop." Luke Gale
Dimensions & Specifications
2 Inch UV-IR-Cut Filter
Telescope Accessories Series
2 Year Manufacturers Warranty
Marketplace Type Code
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
This product has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Alpine Astronomical's Customer Service department by email at email@example.com.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of