Celestron Telescope Eyepiece and Filter Kit - 1.25" - 94303
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- 25 mm eyepiece included (81x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount (mount not included)
About Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
Celestron’s excellent Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes are compact and portable and represent the best all-purpose design for a wide variety of uses from terrestrial and deep sky viewing to astrophotography.
Catadioptrics use a combination of mirrors and lenses to "fold" (reflect) the light path and form an image. In a Schmidt-Cassegrain, the light enters through a thin aspheric Schmidt correcting lens. It then strikes the spherical primary mirror. It is reflected back up the tube and intercepted by a small secondary mirror which reflects the light out an opening in the rear of the instrument where the image is formed at the eyepiece.
Catadioptrics are the most popular and most modern type of telescope optical design and are marketed throughout the world in 3.5" and larger apertures. Catadioptric telescopes combine the practical advantages of lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages. They offer the clarity and contrast of refractors with the low aberration of reflectors. Catadioptrics have an average focal ratio of f/10, which is wide enough for all types of photography. They are also easier to maintain because all optical elements are solidly mounted and rigidly collimated. Catadioptric telescopes provide the best possible combination of light gathering power, long focal length, portability, and affordability.
- Very versatile, best all-purpose telescope design
- Combines the optical advantages of both lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages
- Excellent optics and razor sharp images over a wide field
- Excellent for deep sky observing and astrophotography as well as terrestrial viewing
- Very good for lunar, planetary and binary star observing
- Focal ratio generally around f/10, it also has the best near focus capability of any type of telescope
- Closed tube design reduces image-degrading air currents
- Extremely compact and portable
- Easy to use, durable and virtually maintenance free
- Large apertures at reasonable cost and less expensive than equivalent aperture refractors
- More accessories available than with other types of telescopes
Available for shipment to the USA and Canada only.
- Celestron 203.2 mm Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope OTA with StarBright XLT Coatings
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 25 mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 1.25" Visual Back
- CGE Mount Dovetail Rail
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Series: Celestron OTA
Telescope Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Telescope Aperture: 8"
Telescope Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Focal Length: 2032mm
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Secondary Mirror Central Obstruction: N/A
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye: 843x
Diagonal Included: Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal
Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included: Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included
Finder Included: Yes - 6 x 30 Finder Included
Focuser Style: Internal Moving Primary
Focuser Size: Internal Focuser with 1.25" Rear Cell Adapter
Focuser Speed: Single Speed
Telescope Mount Type: No Mount - OTA Only
Telescope OTA Length: 17in
Telescope OTA Weight: 12.5lb
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of