Want to do astrophotography? It's simple and straight-forward with the Vixen Polarie Star Tracker, your own DSLR camera, and a sturdy tripod.
Tracks the night sky for beautiful astrophotography
The Vixen Polarie Star Tracker is a photographic accessory that easily allows you to take pinpoint photos of stars and constellations. It is designed to follow the apparent motion of the stars caused by the Earth's rotation, thereby eliminating star trails.
Taking wide filed photographic images of constellations, the Milky Way, shooting stars and bright comets is surprisingly simple and easy when you do it with a Polarie. You can also photograph a starry nightscape by adding a night landscape or silhouetted figure in the foreground of your frame.
Set up is simple
The Vixen Polarie Star Tracker attaches to a standard camera tripod and can accept any digital camera weighing up to 7 pounds. Using the included compass on the Polarie, orient the mount to face north. The Polarie features an alignment window to help you point at Polaris, the North Star. The Polarie can also use an optional polar scope for alignment. Once set, the Vixen Polarie tracks with the motion of the stars. Tracking with a properly aligned Polarie will eliminate star trails, resulting in sharp images of the Universe. The Polarie uses very accurate stepping motors to track precisely, and has six tracking modes to choose from.
Polarie is designed to not only be functional, but also to be compact and attractive. The Polarie has a smooth, good looking design. The unit has no visible screws and although, not waterproof, it is designed to function in most weather conditions. Polarie runs on two AA batteries.
Vixen Polarie Specifications and Features
- Tracking Modes: Celestial tracking rate, 1/2 of celestial tracking rate, Solar tracking rate, Mean solar time, Lunar tracking rate, Mean lunar time
- Global Use: Usable in both northern and southern hemispheres
- Wheel Gear: 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full-circle 144-tooth
- Worm Gear: 9mm diameter high tension brass
- Bearings: 2 pieces
- Drive: Pulse Motor (Stepper Motor)
- Maximum Loading weight: 7 lb
- Polar Sight Hole: About 8.9 degree field of view
- Standard Accessory: Compass
- Working Voltage: 2 x AA-size batteries DC 2.4-3.0V, External power supply DC4.4-5.25V
- Electricity Consumption: DCVA (At a loading weight of 7 lb.)
- Duration of Operation: About 2 hours at 68 degrees F with a 4.4 lb. load weight using AA alkaline batteries
- Dimensions: 95×137×58mm (3.7x5.9x2.3 inches)
- Weight: 1.4 lb. (without batteries)
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
DocumentationDownload Vixen Polarie Star Tracker User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.